Welcome to the Foundation Stage Unit web page.
Teacher's: Mrs Saddiq (F1), Mrs Deakin (F1) and Mrs Fraser (F2)
Support staff: Mrs Abbas (F1) and Miss Catwell (F2)
Our Current Learning Journey: 'What Shall I buy?
PE Days: F2 PE day is Friday.
Spring Term 1.
Welcome back everyone and Happy New Year!
This half term, our learning question is:
How do we put things together?
In Literacy we will be reading a range of traditional stories such as The Little Red Hen, The Three Little Pigs and the Ginger bread man.
Here is some of our FS2 writing
We are very lucky to be a part of Our Street, Our Song Music Project.
Luke came to visit us.
We linked music to mark making.
As part of developing our oracy skills, we are now talking part in ' Rainbow Time' sessions.
We use our senses to develop our talk.
Autumn term 2.
This term our focus text are:
- The shopping basket written by John Burningham
- Hippo buys a has a hat written by Julia Donaldson
- Don't forget the bacon written by Pat Hutchins
Week 3: This week we have been on a visit to Asda.
We got to take a look behind the scenes as well as doing a bit of shopping.
Friday 15th November was Children in Need. We came to school wearing our pyjamas and raised money for charity.
Lucas won the Pudsey bear raffle!!
Martin the musician came to school and we had fun singing with our families.
Autumn Term One
This term our focus texts are :
Titch by Pat Hutchins
Aren’t You Lucky! (Catherine Anholt)
This is Our House (Michael Rosen)
My mum and dad make me laugh (Nick Sharratt
Our end of term celebration was great!
We invited parents into the unit for a 'Keeping Healthy Workshop'.
- We made healthy fruit kababs.
- We created a healthy dinner collage.
- We did observational drawings of fruits and vegetables.
- We used the interactive write board to develop our counting skills and play games linking to foods we eat.
- We completed interlinking fruit and vegetable jigsaws.
- We looked at a range of fiction and non fiction texts all about 'Healthy eating' and 'Keeping healthy'.
- Jean and her team from the school kitchen prepared 'more' healthy snacks for us all in the unit. the children all had a try and many enjoyed the fruit and vegetable tasting.
- Mrs Saddiq and Mrs Fraser both read a story at the end of the workshop.
Freddie's baby sister visited us. We talked about how we have changed since we were babies.
We have started reading the focus text-This is our house by Michael Rosen.
F2 have been drawing their own houses and have labelled their pictures using initial sounds.
In P.E this week, F2 have been using big balls to throw, catch and kick. we had lots of fun!
F2 have started doing their Rainbow challenges each week. This week we have been mixing colours with paint, reading books and playing a number game.
We have some pet fish. They are called Elm and Chestnut after our class names.
We have been exploring and enjoying our new classroom.