Welcome to the Foundation Stage Unit web page.
Teacher's: Mrs Saddiq (F1), Mrs Deakin (F1) and Mrs Fraser (F2)
Support staff: Mrs Abbas (F1) and Miss Catwell (F2)
PE Days: F2 PE day is Friday.
Hello Foundation Stage, Hope you're all keeping safe and busy while staying at home. Thank you to all the parents who have logged in to Class Dojo-our new online classroom. It's great to be in touch with children and their families. All children have been given log in details so search through those book bags or look out for a letter in the post if your child wasn't at school last week.
The Easter holidays officially start now until Tuesday 14th April. Hope you all manage to speak to family members you can't visit and keep your spirits up.
Here are some fun activities to keep you busy over the break x
1. Hard boil an egg-decorate it or use it as part of a "Easter model".
2. Go out in the garden-help dig or weed. Look for mini-beasts.
3. Go on a number hunt in your local area-look for numbers on houses, cars, signs etc
4. Draw and cut out Easter egg pictures-ask an adult to hide the 'eggs'so you can hunt for them.
5. Have some water fun inside or outside. Make sure you ask your grown-ups first!!
6. Snuggle down and watch your favourite film or TV programme.
7. Read/share your favourite book with someone else.
8. Move in different ways-Run, jump, hop, skip, crawl, slide outside in your garden or in an open space.
Take care of yourselves and each other. Speak to you all soon. Love all your teachers at school xxx
Log onto class dojo for next weeks activities!
Our first week of nursery home learning activities all based around the story ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’.
Spring Term 2
This half term our learning question is ' How do we get there?'.
Our Focus text are:
- Who sank the boat
- Mr Gumpy's outing
- The Train Ride
- Things that go.
Friday was Sport Relief. We had a really active day in the unit. F2 used the apparatus in P.E.
F2 finished the day with activities and exercises outside.
Thursday 5th March was World Book day. We had an exciting day doing activities based on the story-Goldilocks and Just the One Bear. We had an engineering challenge to build a bed for baby bear. Look at our fantastic creations!
On Tuesday 24th March, we celebrated Pancake Day and made our own pancakes.
Spring Term 1.
Welcome back everyone and Happy New Year!
This half term, our learning question is:
How do we put things together?
For our end of term celebration, we held a parent workshop. The parents joined in with many activities based on 'materials' and our learning question 'How do we put things together'.
In Literacy F2 wrote instructions on 'How to make a Gingerbread man'.
In Literacy F1 sequenced pictures of 'How to make a Gingerbread man'. We all baked our own Ginger bread man.
F2 decorated their Gingerbread man
F1 painted a Gingerbread man.
In Maths F2 have been working on number skills. They have been counting one more and one less and making comparisons.
In Maths F1 have been practising our counting skills by matching the correct number to the amount.
In DT we have been learning to thread using wool and a needle. We made character puppets and decorated them.
Our focus artist this term is Robin Brooks. Robin is an American artist who specializes in collage. We have been making collage story book settings in F2.
In Literacy we will be reading a range of traditional stories such as The Little Red Hen, The Three Little Pigs and the Ginger bread man.
Here is some of our FS2 writing
We are very lucky to be a part of Our Street, Our Song Music Project.
Luke came to visit us.
We linked music to mark making.
As part of developing our oracy skills, we are now talking part in ' Rainbow Time' sessions.
We use our senses to develop our talk.
Autumn term 2.
This term our focus text are:
- The shopping basket written by John Burningham
- Hippo buys a has a hat written by Julia Donaldson
- Don't forget the bacon written by Pat Hutchins
Week 3: This week we have been on a visit to Asda.
We got to take a look behind the scenes as well as doing a bit of shopping.
Friday 15th November was Children in Need. We came to school wearing our pyjamas and raised money for charity.
Lucas won the Pudsey bear raffle!!
Martin the musician came to school and we had fun singing with our families.
Autumn Term One
This term our focus texts are :
Titch by Pat Hutchins
Aren’t You Lucky! (Catherine Anholt)
This is Our House (Michael Rosen)
My mum and dad make me laugh (Nick Sharratt
Our end of term celebration was great!
We invited parents into the unit for a 'Keeping Healthy Workshop'.
- We made healthy fruit kababs.
- We created a healthy dinner collage.
- We did observational drawings of fruits and vegetables.
- We used the interactive write board to develop our counting skills and play games linking to foods we eat.
- We completed interlinking fruit and vegetable jigsaws.
- We looked at a range of fiction and non fiction texts all about 'Healthy eating' and 'Keeping healthy'.
- Jean and her team from the school kitchen prepared 'more' healthy snacks for us all in the unit. the children all had a try and many enjoyed the fruit and vegetable tasting.
- Mrs Saddiq and Mrs Fraser both read a story at the end of the workshop.
Freddie's baby sister visited us. We talked about how we have changed since we were babies.
We have started reading the focus text-This is our house by Michael Rosen.
F2 have been drawing their own houses and have labelled their pictures using initial sounds.
In P.E this week, F2 have been using big balls to throw, catch and kick. we had lots of fun!
F2 have started doing their Rainbow challenges each week. This week we have been mixing colours with paint, reading books and playing a number game.
We have some pet fish. They are called Elm and Chestnut after our class names.
We have been exploring and enjoying our new classroom.