Pupil Premium funding is a sum of money given to schools by the Government to improve the attainment of disadvantaged children. Some of the ways that this funding is used at Acres Hill includes:
- Extra one-to-one or small-group support for children within the classroom.
- Employing extra teaching assistants to work with classes.
- Running booster sessions after school, for example for KS2 children who need extra help with maths or literacy.
- Running a school breakfast club to improve attendance.
- Providing music lessons for children whose families would be unable to pay for them.
- Funding educational trips and visits.
- Paying for additional support such as speech and language therapy or counselling.
Please read the documents below for a more detailed breakdown of how our funding is used.